Homeland & Border Security Searchlights
Carlisle & Finch provides integrated systems, which include Searchlights, Night Vision Cameras and Infrared (IR) Illuminators, and these systems can be remotely “IP-Controlled” using the TCP/IP (Ethernet) protocol).
Because Carlisle & Finch has been a leader in the Prison and Security Searchlight Markets for decades, there are many specific security features offered throughout the various C&F searchlight product families, and a partial listing is seen below:
• Bullet-Resistant Reflectors: Included on all xenon searchlights, the precision-optic reflectors are made of virtually indestructible nickel material, which resists breakage if impacted by bullets or rocks.
• Manual Emergency Back-up: If any motor fails (i.e. Up, Down, Right, Left or Electric Beam-Size Focus), all of these searchlight functions can be operated manually in back-up mode, quickly and easily, with no tools required.
• “Built-in Redundancy”: 500 Watt and 1000 Watt Xenon searchlights have electronic ballast designs which include multiple electronic boards. Should one board fail, a bright beam is still projected, in back-up mode.
• LED “Hybrid” Feature: Auxiliary LED’s added to xenon and halogen searchlights, strategically illuminate wide areas closer to the Guard Tower, which these narrower traditional searchlight beams cannot service.
• Strobe Feature: A Powerful Strobe Feature offered on xenon searchlights, and also on the LED Modules attached provides a dizzying and disorienting effect on intruders, terrorists and pirates. This feature transforms the searchlight instantly, into a Nonlethal Weapon.
• Detachable Infrared (IR) Filters: By attaching an IR Filter to a xenon searchlight, the fixture becomes a powerful IR Illuminator, which projects an “invisible beam” undetected by the human eye, but seen with night vision googles and cameras. The filters can be attached quickly and easily, with no tools.
• NightFINDER™ Camera Feature: An optional embedded thermal camera on the searchlight pan/tilt base, allows the operator to see in total darkness. And because the camera and searchlight beam are precisely aligned on the same target, the camera serves as an effective “Covert Targeting Device”, to instantly illuminate the person or object.