CFx 19" LED
19-inch (483mm) Redundant LED Searchlight
3.15 Million Candlepower LED Searchlight
Composed of Qty(3) 7-LED POD’s and Qty(3) 3-LED POD’s totaling 30 LED’s. If one LED fails, there are 29 more which
will produce a bright beam!
- Beam Intensity: 3.15 Million Candela (1 Lux at 5823 ft)
- LED Emitter Life: 20,000+ hours
- Power Consumption: 400 Watts
- Color Temperature: 5700 Kelvin
- Beam Spread: 8.5 Degrees
- Aiming Options: Electric Joystick, Remote Lever and Local Handle
- Redundancy: Multiple LED Pods each with separate electronics provide redundancy if a failure occurs
- Voltage: 12VDC, 24VDC, 115VAC or 230VAC
- Materials: Marine Grade Aluminum and Stainless Steel with Salt-Resistant Powder Coat Finish
- Anti-icing Heaters (Joystick Electric-only)
- Wide Beam “Wall of Light LED’S” for Close Range Illumination
- Infrared LED’s for Covert Surveillance
- High Powered Strobe for Nonlethal Deterrent
- SmartVIEW™ Digital Control System
LED’s are remarkable lighting technology, which provide low power consumption, extremely long life, high reliability, and a pure white beam. Although LED searchlights cannot compete with the long distances serviced by Xenon searchlights, LED’s are superior to Halogen lamps for the following reasons:
- Lower Power Consumption: LED’s consume 75% or more less power than Halogen lamps.
- Longer Life: LED’s last tens-of-thousands of hours compared to approximately 250 to 750 hours depending upon the Halogen lamp. This reduces lamp replacement costs, increases reliability, and reduces the chance of injury due to far fewer lamp replacements high up on the Pilothouse or Guard Tower rooftops.
- More Effective Color Temperature: Halogen beams appear yellow at 3200 Kelvin, whereas a LED beam at 5700 Kelvin appears “pure white” to the human eye, making it much more effective in seeing objects in total darkness.
- Higher Reliability: Due to lamp-life alone, a LED searchlight will fail far fewer times compared to a Halogen searchlight. If a BTR (the most popular Halogen lamp in North America) lasts 250 hours, and LED’s last a minimum of 20,000 hours, there will be 80 Halogen searchlight failures for every LED searchlight due to lamp-life failures alone. And since the LED design includes “modular redundancy”, the reliability of a Carlisle & Finch LED Searchlight is simply amazing.