CFx 10" LED
10-inch (254mm) LED Searchlight
.742 Million Candlepower LED Searchlight
Brass and Stainless Steel with Salt-Resistant Powder Coat Finish
- Beam Intensity: 742,500 Candela (1 Lux at 2827 ft)
- LED Emitter Life: 20,000+ hours
- Power Consumption: 85 Watts
- Color Temperature: 5700 Kelvin
- Beam Spread: 8.5 Degrees
- Aiming Options: Electric Joystick, Remote Lever and Local Handle
- Redundancy: Multiple LED’s provide redundancy. If one fails, there are six more LED’s which project a beam.
- Voltage: 12VDC, 24VDC, 115VAC or 230VAC
- Materials: Brass and Stainless Steel with Salt-Resistant Powder Coat Finish
- Anti-icing Heaters (Joystick Electric-only)
- High Powered Strobe for Nonlethal Deterrent
- Chrome Finish for Yacht Applications
LED’s are remarkable lighting technology, which provide low power consumption, extremely long life, high reliability, and a pure white beam. Although LED searchlights cannot compete with the long distances serviced by Xenon searchlights, LED’s are superior to Halogen lamps for the following reasons:
- Lower Power Consumption: LED’s consume 75% or more less power than Halogen lamps.
- Longer Life: LED’s last tens-of-thousands of hours compared to approximately 250 to 750 hours depending upon the Halogen lamp. This reduces lamp replacement costs, increases reliability, and reduces the chance of injury due to far fewer lamp replacements high up on the Pilothouse or Guard Tower rooftops.
- More Effective Color Temperature: Halogen beams appear yellow at 3200 Kelvin, whereas a LED beam at 5700 Kelvin appears “pure white” to the human eye, making it much more effective in seeing objects in total darkness.
- Higher Reliability: Due to lamp-life alone, a LED searchlight will fail far fewer times compared to a Halogen searchlight. If a BTR (the most popular Halogen lamp in North America) lasts 250 hours, and LED’s last a minimum of 20,000 hours, there will be 80 Halogen searchlight failures for every LED searchlight due to lamp-life failures alone. And since the LED design includes “modular redundancy”, the reliability of a Carlisle & Finch LED Searchlight is simply amazing.